What kind of charges do you defend against?

I defend against felony and misdemeanor allegations in federal and state court including District Court, Magistrate Court and Metropolitan Court. Please see Practice Areas for more information.

What is the difference between criminal and civil cases?

When you are charged with a crime, either by the federal government, state government, or municipal government, and the government is trying to put you in jail or place you on probation, you have a criminal case.  When you are being sued, and the person suing you wants money, you have a civil case.

Do you do appeal work?

I usually do not do appeal work for people that I did not represent on their original charge. If I represent you on your original charge, I am willing to discuss helping you with an appeal. *If you have a question about an appeal, do not hesitate to contact me.

Do you take cases outside of Albuquerque?

Yes. I can talk to you about any case in the State of New Mexico. Contact me for more information.

How do I setup my free initial consultation?

Please call me at (505) 242-5359 or email me at jacquelyn@jrobinslaw.com. We can set up a time to talk about your case over the phone. During the phone call, I will tell you what I anticipate I can do and how much I think it will cost.

How do I check on dates, etc. for my case?

You can always call the office and ask us about your court dates. If you want to check on your case yourself, you can follow the directions below. However, sometimes the court website is not up-to-date. If you have a question, you should always call the office to be sure.

If you are being charged in Federal Court, you will need a credit card to sign up for an account in the CM/ECF system. Once you do, you can check on your case and look at what is being filed and when your hearing dates are. However, this is optional. It is NOT necessary. Link to U.S. District Court Website.

If you are being charged in any State Court except Metro Court, you can go onto the District Court Website, nmcourts.com and click on “Online Case Lookup.” This will take you to the New Mexico State Judiciary Case Lookup Disclaimer. You will need to click, “I Accept” to continue to the next page. Follow the directions on the page and enter the appropriate text into the text box. You will then be directed to the “Case Look-up” page. You can search for your case by your name, case number, or filing date.

If you are being charged in Metro Court, you can go onto the Metropolitan Court Website and click on “Case Lookup.” Enter the appropriate text in the text box, on the next page, click on “Continue to Case Management System.” You can look up your case by your name, case number, or filing date. Link to Metro Court Website.